- 1. FAQ
Expand All | Collapse All
- 1. Have I paid heavily for existing Email solution (Microsoft exchange or Lotus Notes or Google Apps or any other). Why should I migrate to your Open Source Solution?
Don’t migrate from your existing Email solution, as you have already paid for the accounts. But use our open source solution for new accounts. Both the paid solution and our open source solution can co-exist with each other and moreover, end user (your employees)are not affected by this arrangement
- 2. Can Zimbra co-exist with other Email solutions like Microsoft Exchange / IBM Lotus Notes / Google Apps / any others?
Yes, Zimbra can co-exist with other Email solutions with same domain name. So existing email accounts can continue with your Paid Email Solution (Microsoft Exchange / IBM Lotus Notes / Google Apps) and new accounts can be on Zimbra Email Solution.
- 3. I want the old employees of my company to be on the Existing Paid Email solution (Microsoft Exchange / IBM Lotus Notes / Google Apps / any others) but new employees to be on Zimbra. Is it possible?
Since, Zimbra can co-exist with other Email solutions with same Domain name, it is possible to move only new employees on Zimbra
- 4. I am skeptical about the whole migration part from my stable Lotus Notes / Microsoft Exchange/ Google apps& others to Zimbra? What would you suggest?
Do not migrate from your Exiting Mail servers (either Lotus Notes or MS Exchange or Google Apps or some other paid service) to Zimbra at one shot. Let Zimbra Coexist with your existing paid solution with Same Domain for few accounts. Once you are completely satisfied with the performance of Zimbra solution and your confidence is build, take a decision to migrate. We work with you throughout this process to make it painless and smooth.
- 5. Why should I take your services, when Zimbra and OpenChange are open source tools and available for free?
Very tricky. With our vast experience, we have seen that most of the companies have miserably failed to install the complete application. They either give it up half way into installation or complete the installation with lot of issues and errors which will surface after sometime. There were certain clients who even blamed the intentions of open source community as they couldn’t get the installations right. We are experts at work and we have done several installations and migrations successfully. In fact, we have seen lot of the issues from all these years and solved them all. And we will continue to do so. Moreover, you get a free support for first year. You are completely in safe hands.
- 6. What happens after first year of support?
You can enroll into our AMC program where you will get our continuous support and upgrades. Moreover, you need not hire an in-house technical guy, as we are just a call away
- 7. We want an Email Solution which is compatible with Microsoft Outlook. Can you provide us with such solution?
Yes, we can certainly do that. We have the capability to install OpenChange Email solution for you which is compatible with Microsoft Outlook